Summer is blessed with Mangoes. And mangoes call for desserts,so this time I baked a Mango cake. This mango cake recipe is extremely simple to bake and all the ingredients you need are very basic. I top this cake with buttercream frosting and it’s a delightful treat to your tastebuds!
Mango cake RECIPE with butter cream frosting
Ingredients for the cake:
Ingredients for the butter cream frosting:
- Pre-heat the oven to 180˚C. Lightly brush a cake pan.
- In a large bowl, beat oil and sugar until the mixture is smooth.
- Beat in the mango puree and vanilla extract.
- Add eggs, one at a time. Beat well after each addition.
- Sift in the flour and baking powder. Mix until everything is well combined and the batter comes together.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan.Bake at 180˚C for 30-40minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Parallelly make the buttercream frosting.
- Beat the butter with milk until the mixture is fluffy. Add in the icing sugar,cardamom powder and yellow colour(optional).
- Beat again until the frosting is light and fluffy.Spread over the cooled mango cake.
Top the cake with some freshly chopped any seasonal fruit.I used mangoes and cherries.
*Small baking tip: before putting the batter into oven let it rest for few minutes in the pan in room temperature,as it helps to combine all the ingredients and let them come to same temperature.
Now that you have the recipe of MANGO CAKE WITH BUTTERCREAM FROSTING, we hope you make and find it delicious. Comment your thoughts below.
Try our recipe on PRAWN RECIPE : CHINGRI BHAPE (STEAMED PRAWN)